Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Human Nails


So someone that I've recently become (slightly) obsessed with is Tyler Oakley. He has an amazing YouTube channel and I also love his tumblr. He has a line of t-shirts and posters on District Lines which I think are really awesome and so I used them as an inspiration for nail art!
The Inspiration











































I'm really happy with how these turned out! I like that everything else is faint except for 'human', which is nice and bold. :) For these I used the newspaper technique. What you do is take something with print on it (usually newspaper, hence the name), cut it into smallish pieces, then dip it in alcohol (I use rubbing, but some will just use vodka) then place it on your nail and apply pressure. When you peel it off the ink should have transferred to your nail. Some may say to just dip your nail into the alcohol. I actually find that doing both gets the best results.

A lot of people have asked me how I got the words to not be backwards, and all you have to do is reverse the text before your print it out. :) So if you want to do something like this for yourself make sure you either have an image or you have your text done as word art!

1 comment: