Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Girl On Fire Nails





















I’m not sure about everyone else but uh.. Fire is freaking hard to draw. However, I wanted to do my own version of the Girl on Fire nails, so I present to you fire nails for the artistically challenged!
I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Black Heart, then topped it with a coat of Essie Matte About You (which I’m quickly running out of :( ). Once that was dry I took scotch tape and cut tiny triangles out of it to make jagged zigzags/spikes. I put the tape on the back of my hand first so it’s not sticky, then I put it on my nail, painted over it with a coat of China Glaze Riveting, then I peeled the tape off before letting it dry. 
Also, how amazing are black matte nails? And Riveting is friggin’ gorgeous. I’ll do a legit review of it sometime in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to try tape mani with putting it on my hand first. When I try it fresh off the dispenser it usually takes my base coat right off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This needs more comment love, PHENOMENAL!

    PS: I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my page :]
    http://laceandlacquers.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html#more
    <3 Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST finished the book, it was AMAZING! And I need to try some Girl on Fire nails, myself! I also nominated you for an award :-) http://sparklesandshinenails.blogspot.com/2012/04/awards-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete