Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Julep Leah Review

The first polish that I've decided to wear from the Julep box that I got is Leah, which is also my favorite. Leah is described as "grass green with a hint of shimmer" which I think is a very accurate description. Leah definitely screams spring. From arms length away the shimmer isn't very noticeable, but it becomes more visible in direct light.



Close up to show the shimmer.
Shown is two coats of Leah (except for my thumb which got three) and one coat of Julep Quick Dry Top Coat.
I honestly can't get enough of this polish and I have a feeling I'll be wearing it a lot in the spring and summer. The polish applied very nicely, and was opaque in two coats. However, if you're doing thin coats (which happened on some of my fingers) you might want to do a third coat. I had no problems with bubbles with Leah, despite thick coats and not waiting for the first coat to dry before putting on a second, so that's a major plus because I seem to always have problems with bubbles. 
Overall Leah is a great color with an amazing formula. Some people have said it's a little on the thin side, but I really liked it. 

Leah retails for $14 at Julep.

3 comments:

  1. I got the "It Girl" Maven box for January too! Leah is definitely the shining star out of the three colors- SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome awesome color!! I signed up yesterday, got my first box for a penny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which box did you pick? I really liked a lot of the February colors!

      Delete